Dole Middle School, in partnership with UH Manoa Nursing, now has a Hawai'i Keiki advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) on campus who works alongside our school health assistant (SHA). The APRN can provide more medical care for your child than the SHA is allowed to do, like:
- Care for your child's allergies, asthma, and other medical conditions
- Give your child over-the-counter medication, like Tylenol and Ibuprofen, when needed
- Write prescriptions electronically for antibiotics, uku medicine, etc.
- Treat injuries, provide wound care and follow-up care
In addition to all these services, every Thursday, a full medical team works with the APRN on campus at the DMS Health Center. This medical team includes:
- A psychiatrist
- Pharmacy students and professor
- A nurse practitioner
- Dental hygiene students, who can do dental screenings and make referrals to the dentists at Kokua Kalihi Valley
In order for your child to get all of this free medical care from the APRN and the visiting medical team, parents or guardians must fill out and sign the Hawai'i Keiki School Health Program Parental Consent Form (page 3 in the packet) and the UCERA form (page 5 in the packet). Please be sure to sign in all three places on the two forms.