August 28, 2019
Dear Dole Middle Parents and Guardians:
We are sending this letter home to inform you of a possible Stranger Danger incident that occurred after school on Tuesday afternoon, August 27. While waiting outside our school on Kino Street, one of our students reported being touched by a passing adult male pedestrian. A police report was filed and the incident is under investigation.
The safety of your children is of utmost importance. We are sending this letter to you as a precaution and to encourage you to continue to speak to your child regarding measures to stay safe, specifically about “stranger danger.” As an added precaution, please reinforce the following "stranger danger" safety measures with your child:
· Stay away from strangers, do not talk to or take anything from them.
· Don’t go anywhere with someone you don’t know. Never accept a ride from a stranger.
· Stay more than an arm’s reach away from strangers. If a stranger approaches you, seek help immediately from a trusted adult.
· Use the buddy system; avoid walking anywhere alone.
· If a stranger grabs you, do whatever it takes to stop the stranger, yell for help.
· Report any suspicious activity to a trusted adult.
· Be alert of your surroundings and let others know where you will be and what time you will return.
We appreciate your help as we work together to keep all of our students safe. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our administration at (808) 305-5300.